Hello, my name is Mike.
I am freelance web developer based in Akron/Cleveland, Ohio.
I have developed hundreds of websites, web applications and software for charities, non-profits and small to mid sized businesses across the globe.
I have an educational background in Computer Science & Mathematics.
I am experienced in matching software use cases with the appropriate platform and development process. My focus is to achieve results in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Recent Software Projects
Environmental Assessment Software (Laravel)
Development of software to automate the process business processes of an EPA regulated firm. Application developed on the Laravel Framework.
- Two user types with appropriate permissions: a) Administrator, b) Surveyor
- Administrator can create update and delete the following common content types: Customer, Property, Users, Photos.
- Administrator can create update and delete the following content types, relevant to environmental standards: Homogeneous Areas, Samples and more.
- Many other features and functionality, all based on developing software from the Model, View and Controller architectural pattern.
NFL Fantasy Football – (ASP migration to Joomla)
Migration from a flawed, multi-stack environment, to an acceptable standard.
- Original application was developed with ASP 2.0 on IIS on top of a Joomla Windows installation.
- Detailed plan was made to migrate application away from ASP to integrate directly into Joomla with PHP that asserts the same functionality as the ASP algorithm.
- SQL database migrated to MySQL database, with focus on interoperability of a LAMP based system.
- Definition of mathematical algorithm that calculates player results.
WordPress Custom Application Development
Development of custom PHP scripts to build upon a WordPress site. Scripts will implement current output of a deprecated ASP based content management system. Application assists a manufactures sales team in developing leads while giving the customer the ability to search for an explicitly defined manufacturing part.
- Recommendations on best practices in WordPress custom development, including child themes, page templates, custom CSS, etc.
- Migration of Microsoft SQL database to MySql database.
- Planning for development based on costs and time frame for completion.
- Utilization of array based variables to store values of parent-child relationship form. Form may produces hundreds of different results, contingent on user selection.
- Careful consideration of potential security risks